Wednesday, July 18, 2007

More of Canoa

It´s Wednesday afternoon in between spanish classes. Jessica, Janelle and Justin are having surfing lessons and Judy and I are in internet cafe. Yesterday, I did something I always wanted to do - have a lesson in para gliding. The children also did it. Prices are very cheap in Ecuador. We glided off a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. What a sensation. I glided to within five feet of a falcon and then watched it dive a couple hundred feet to catch a lizard or snake. Yesterday morning we encountered our first snake. It was a 5-6 foot constrictor crawling within ten feet of our rooms where we sleep. One of the natives caught it and carried it away.

We are having a wonderful relaxing week with family and new friends. Judy and I usually get up about 6:30 for quiet time. Breakfast is at 8:30. Classes are from 9-11 and 3:30-5:30. Almuerzo (lunch) is at 1 and merendar (evening meal) is at 7. Then we play card games as a family and with whoever else is with us till about 9.

Spanish continues to be a lot of hard work, but it is more relaxing by dividing it into morning and afternoon classes. God has given us this week to truly relax and gain new perspective on life and the world around us. This week should be good preparation for next week in the jungle. Even cold showers feel great. We all have been in great health the last couple days.

I have pictures I want to upload, but I forgot to bring my adapter to upload the pictures and a friend´s camera ran out of battery. Maybe tomorrow or next day. God bless. We think and pray often for our family and church family back home.

No comments: